ham vs egg

Jeanette and I were watching Grey’s Anatomy (Season 3)…

There was a phrase that struck us…


In any relationship, you gotta ask yourself: are you ham or are you eggs? See, if you an egg, then there's the chicken-or-the-egg question. And if you a chicken, then you involved in the relationship, but not necessarily committed; but if you the ham, then you the pig-- an' you're committed to being ham. So what I mean is, when I saw her, I was committed. I'm ham."
(paraphrase already)


It’s about being a Ham and an Egg in a relationship…

Being committed vs involved…


So I googled…and found this… and emailed to some girl friends,

read their own analogies…

ganda! Smart answers!


The Analogy


The question is: are you the ham or the eggs when it comes to your relationship. If you are the chicken and provide the eggs, you are not giving yourself fully to the relationship. You give the eggs, but you're still a chicken. If you are the ham, then you can no longer be the pig. The pig is sacrificed to become the ham and that means you are 100% committed to the relationship.

If you are the ham, you're there - you are devoted to the relationship and you are not just playing at the relationship game. If you are just the eggs, you aren't ready to be in the relationship all the way and you are not devoting yourself.


The Answer


We want to be the ham, we want our spouses and our significant others to be the ham too. Because when they are the ham, we know they're there - period, end of story. But if we're not ready to be the ham and we're only willing to give the eggs to the relationship, then we need to be honest about it too.

Being the ham isn't easy, remember - when you're the ham, you give up just being you. In every relationship, in every marriage - we become a couple. We become more than just who we are. When I was single, I was just I and I was just responsible for me and how I felt. When I got married, I chose to stop being the pig and to become the ham. I'm a wife and a mother and that's part of how I define myself because that's who I am.

So - are you the ham or the eggs?

http://marriage.families.com/blog/are-you-the-ham-or-the-eggs


Reactions


1.
eh pero di ba mas ok ang manok

kasi pwede syang both involved at committed

egg-involved sya

pag kinatay na sya at chicken joy na sya committed na sya

dapat ba lagi-lagi committed?always&forever?

bow!


2.

f we can be both why not! di ba???

at an early stage we can be the egg or chicken...

but if the person is worth it at siya na nga... who wouldn’t want to be a ham?...kahit bacon at lechon pa! hehehe


3.

e hindi pa nga kinakatay... yung egg pa rin nga...

unless, hintayin mong maging sisiw ung egg...

argh...


4
.

yun yun eh

may proseso un manok

pwedeng magstart muna sya sa involved - egg lng muna

at pag sapat na ang pagtitiwala at pagmamahal

pwede na syang maging chicken joy

eh yung pig...nagpakatay agad!


5.

i can be ham -- but this takes time, d ba ang ham cultured or procesed meat,

parang love din, cguro sa una d pa masyadong deep, ngayon habang tumatagal at ok nman yung partner mo, magiging ham ka eventually...

and if we love, masarap kung ham din yung partner mow... but u cant always get what u want or need...

so kung egg man yung partner mo, tanggapin mo ! pinili mo syang mahalin eh, d nman nya hiniling na maging ham ka...


Mine

Meron kasing mga HAM na nagwiwish na sana ay EGG na lang sila…

pero mas masakit na marinig mong sabihin ng partner mo na…

I was involved but you were committed.

Un tipong sya ay isang contributor lang sa inyong relationship…

Samantalang ikaw…buong utak, puso at oras mo ay binuhos mo na…

I am willing to be a pig…a pig that can have another pig…

Comments

Popular Posts