Driver, Passenger, David & Goliath stories

Below is an article I wrote 2 years back and a reply from my former SFC household leader.

Just would like to share:


Driver and Passenger
By: Gracie Entereso
July 24, 2006


My girl friend turned 35 on Saturday; one of my officemates is turning 38 this year – both of them are single and available… I am 27, single and waiting to be found…

My cousin is 22, she has 2-year old son. My niece is 18; she is giving birth fourth quarter of the year…I love children and eager to have one to call my own…

A friend of mine is pregnant – out of wedlock. A dear couple who has been married for more than 10 years is praying to have a child. A friend had on abortion. My dad and mom both have 8 siblings; I am their one and only child.

One girl is having too many boys at hand in a year…my best friend is NBSB (no boyfriend since birth)… I had 3 loving best male friends… obviously, all ended up!

A colleague is confused on how to tell his GF he wants to call it quits, a dear friend is dying to save his rocky relationship… A pal badly wants his ex-GF back… a lonely friend is still bitter of her past – and still wants her ex-BF back… I ended mine with no strings attached…

My kuya said ‘buti pa ang elevator my GF’…bat nga ba sya wala pa? And we laughed.


These are some amazing stories … - the shortcut versions…
Do you have yours? Share it…and let’s see together the irony of life…

Different ways to cope with life’s situations… different characters moulded by experiences…

How you view and value your life is how you cope and resolve your problems…it’s like how God drives your life and how you behave as a passenger on His car…

Do you stumble and cry once the AC is turned off? Are you impatient in a heavy traffic? Are you listening and humming to the music He played? Or maybe dancing in the tune? Or doing some unnecessary things while waiting for Him to step on to the accelerator once the green light is on? Are you a back-seat passenger who dictates the directions you want to go? Or are you STILL? Do you take that moment to let Him drive your life and just trusting Him that He will bring you where the best place to go? A place He knows very well that is best for you…

If you know that it’s God who created and maintained your life, you will allow Him to move you…in the person and place He designs for you. Let go and let God…

I had a prayer meeting at home last night, and there was one question that was asked…what is the essence of my life? For me, the essence of my life is to know God more… isn’t it? That’s the reason why we were created by Him, is to love Him. He is our final destination and we should work for it.

And being members of Singles for Christ, we behave and think like Christ. I remember Tita Malou’s advise to me when I don’t know how to solve my problems…she said ‘ask yourself – how will Jesus Christ handle and solve the same problem’ – simple but deep question…how do you think?

Being members of SFC, let’s make Jesus alive in our hearts and in our time.

Know and re-discover God’s master plan in your life…

Too many stories of life…too may experiences to share…they are unique stories, distinctive emotions involved. But two questions I want to raise for myself –
am I doing what God has planned for me?
Or just driving my own wheels on the busy road I want to take?



Her Comments

Alam mo anakis, reading your article reminded me of the 2003 Build Conference. There was one talk given entitled FACING THE GIANTS. It speaks about how each of us face our own battles everyday, and how we all feel like our problems are insurmountable and we drown in the fact that we have no idea how to work it right. The talk basically urges the SFC to not fear facing the giants in our life when we have God on our side…

The talk primarily outlines the David & Goliath story in the Old Testament, the shepherd boy facing the giant champion warrior. Many are just familiar with the story that David killed Goliath with a sling shot. Not too many people know that aside from the sling, David also brought five smooth stones and he only had to use one. The other four… he has to keep for the future Goliaths. Meaning to say, there will be other battles that need facing. Same is true for us.

The well known scene is when David’s sling shot hit Goliath with a stone between his eyes, and the mighty giant falls dead. The scene that was unfamiliar to most is when David was alone in the wilderness taking care of his flock. His mastery of the sling he learned in the wilderness, alone with God. God himself has taught David how to use the sling. Long before the battle is set, the Lord has already prepared David. Same is true for us.

Now, God loves us with the same love he has for David. The question is, do we have faith the same as David? Do we have the same strength and hope in the Lord?

Because in the end we will realize that victory is not about the sling or the mastery of the weapon - it’s believing that God had sent you out in this battlefield because this is a fight He has long prepared you for to win.

Truth is… there is really no GIANT problems… only warriors with little faith.

Comments

Popular Posts