L X S

“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.“-Joseph Clinton Pearce


I came across this quote this morning when I was making a very important should I/shouldn’t I decision in my life and it helped me to see how I was mistakenly measuring success by other people’s standards. It also reminded of how much making that decision changed my life.


I know for me being a leader of Singles for Christ isn’t just something I do for fun, it’s something I love. Not only something I love, but it’s something I need and want in my life – it’s my way of life. It wasn’t until recently when I let go of the measuring stick, the fear of being wrong that has continue to hold me back for years, that I felt this rush of comfort and confidence within me. I no longer worry or fear that it might not be good enough. I do it because I love doing it.


Don’t get me wrong, there are times when I’m not as confident as others, even when I am in service for 4 years, I still need to work on so many areas of self-confidence, faithfulness, patience and endurance in my life, but I’m beginning to see just how much changing my attitude changes my service… changes my life, outshine my perceptions.



I have to say this LIVE YOUR LIFE … but as Singles for Christ, I personally think it’s more appropriate to say
LIVE (and Love) an XTRA-ORDINARY SERVICE LIFE.




***written 1st week of December

Comments

Popular Posts