coffin counter

I don’t know what to say… haven’t yet said anything about the israel/hamas war (again!?) in gaza because honestly, i don’t understand enough to say anything. I just know that New Year celebrations in Dubai were cancelled by Maktoum on the 31st Dec to show solidarity with Palestinians in the Gaza Strip following five days of a massive Israeli air offensive.


I wasn’t going to post anything (since i am sleepy and tired) but then I found these links… that tapped me to pray for them…


Palestinian men bury the body of 4-year-old Lama Hamdan at Beit Hanoun cemetery in the northern Gaza Strip December 30, 2008. Lama and her sister were reportedly riding a donkey cart Tuesday near a rocket-launching site that was targeted by Israel.


Imagine there’s no countries

It isn’t hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace…


I’m not trying to be shocking, or sensationalist. I’m just trying to use the medium I have available to me to remind everyone that I can, that body counts are not just numbers on CNN’s news ticker, that war is not a game of Battleship, and that dead children are not just “casualties”, but tiny tragedies being played out worldwide while we worry about new iPod’s for Christmas and New Years resolutions that will be broken within the month. Resolve, this year, to make a difference in some small way… or, at the very least, not to turn your eyes away.


*very well said!!!


Source: click
here

Click these too and weep:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/israel_and_gaza.html

http://infosthetics.com/archives/2009/01/israeli_versus_palestinian_coffin_counter.html

Comments

Popular Posts