On Priorities and Desires

Priorities


I thought I know mine.


Sa totoo lang, I am one of those people who doesn’t know what is really important in their lives. Ang katotohanan, most of us have our own definition and criteria on what is best in our lives, but theory sometimes is far away from the truth – sobra!


Priorities seem to be like a see-saw. One aspect of my life can be up while the other is down. I tend to bend a little bit here and a little bit there before reaching final equilibrium. I move up, I move down, until I reach to a stable straight line. One day I just found myself having a hard time trying to balance my priorities. And it appears that I never and can't get it.


The current roles I am performing seem to be unbelievable and sometime mismo ako nalulula – being a daughter, a friend, a leader, an employee, an aunt, a cousin, a sister...and so on. I just think and believe that God put all His strength inside me. I maybe super dooper small physically, but He continuously pour His love inside me that enable me to perform my assignments.


Since the last few weeks I've had some struggles. I've had no answer on why and how. Its simply – I am tired of juggling them together, at the same time.

Life is like a see saw. I am thankful I found my safe refuge, a sturdy rock and foundation of my life.


Desires


It's amazing how many desires people have in their lives and their future: to have a stable career, to have a high paying job, to be smart(er), to beat all the fats on their belly, to have lighter skin, to buy a big house and a brand new car; to be debt-free, to have a God’s greatest gifts, to have smart and healthy kids and to be a perfect spouse and so on.

I also have many desires – more than what I can list here…


These desires serve as great motivators and I really admire people who have taken concrete steps in achieving them.


There are moments, when I am devastated and challenged by circumstances in my life; I would give all I have just to get out from that situation or from any dilemma, to move on, to forget the dark episodes of my life. But eventually I notice that when the hardest time of my life comes, my priorities change; worst is --- my hearts’ desires and old ambitions disappear – or I must say – have been covered up.


The point is we usually forget other things and blessings that are much more important, just because we consider them as 'default' – already there, automatically given by Him. We just remember them when we miss them and found out we let the chance and time pass us by.

May we always be thankful to God for these 'default' blessings…because they do make our dreams possible…it's really amazing to know that one day I will definitely get there!

Comments

Popular Posts