lighted candle

As I was reading the Bible today morning, the first verse that struck me was from the book of John.

"I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness". John 12:46

Most of the times, I was wondering (sige na nga, minsan din complaining!) about having too many responsibilities to carry on… to sustain… to work on to…

I have heard a lot of stories about extending one’s life and being light of the world. We all do not want to stay in the dark, rather we want to see light, and we choose to see peace, freedom and love.

These past few days, life puts me in a position as if I was holding a lighted candle. This candle is necessary to illuminate myself and the people around me.

There is darkness and I am the person who holds the lighted candle.


I see it as a privileged for being in that position of lighting myself and my surroundings. I am very proud, happy and thankful.

However, as soon as I start thinking of it as strenuous or a duty, the wispy lighted candle is suddenly becoming a heavy pack to carry.

Then in awe, I stop and see the reality and darkness wrapped around me.

Every one of us is in the position of holding the candle that as if you are the one who carries the candle for your family, for your workplace, among your friends, your SFC service, for your future... hence think twice before you gave up holding that special lighted candle. See yourself as a hero, if necessary, but don't see this situation as a horde, because it is not and will never be.

After reading the verse, I found myself that there wasn't space for complaining anymore, it gave me an assurance of the kind of life I want to have and to be. No wondering… no more disbelief … only thanksgiving and faithfulness. This morning, I decided on what I choose to see.

Comments

Popular Posts