Grace

Lynne, one of my colleagues, who is 3 months pregnant said:

…since I was young I love the name Grace and Camilla…and if I haven’t met you, I will name my child GRACE or GRACIE… such a gorgeous and cute name for babies and very feminine for grown ups… I love the meaning and how it sounds…I love your name…

And she continued:

… so if I name her Grace…I love you Grace but don’t think I named her after you…

Harharhar!!!

And I clicked friendly Google, I found this:

The girl's name Grace \g-ra-ce\ is pronounced grayce.
It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "favor; blessing".
A virtue name referring to God's grace.
Greek mythology: the Three Graces were goddesses of nature: Aglaia (brillance), Thalia (flowering), and Euphrosyne (joy).
Actress and princess Grace Kelly; singer Grace Jones; choreographer Graciela Daniele.

Grace has 27 variant forms: Engracia, Eugracia, Gracee, Gracella, Gracelynn, Gracelynne, Gracey, Gracia, Graciana, Gracie, Graciela, Graciella, Gracielle, Gracija, Gracina, Gracious, Grata, Gratia, Gratiana, Gratiela, Gratiella, Grayce, Grazia, Graziella, Grazina, Graziosa and Grazyna.

Baby names that sound like Grace are Karas, Kris, Cris and Crecia.

Grace is a very popular female first name and a very popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below are the baby name popularity trends for all girl's names on this page.


Comments

Popular Posts