Maktoum Trails

Adventures on the road

Thursday, 9 October


6ish pm – i left the office with Carol and 3 of my officemates. I do not have Junior so nakisakay ako…

ang routes na tinahak: Al Wasl Road and Al Mina road, going to Bur Dubai. Traffic: terrible!

1st Angel: Terry for the free ride

First walk: from Sunshine building where Terry dropped me and Carol (around 730) to Carol’s flat

Second walk: from Carol’s flat to the bus stop in front of Brands for Less

After 5 minutes, may Bus number 3 na dumating…sumakay kami =) The bus unloaded us in Rashid Park…


Third Walk: Rashid Park to St Mary’s Church with Carol and Jap

Fourth Walk: From St Mary’s Church to Rashid parking area with tatay and nanay

2nd Angel: Krizia who gave me strawberry slush

Fifth Walk: from Rashid parking area to the bus stop with Gina, Jeanette, Cris, Carol

3rd Angel: Toni, who lent Jeanette her tsinelas para maituloy pa namin ang aming paglalakad


Sixth Walk (and the longest one!): from Rashid hospital to Pizza Company in Deira

This was the longest walk I ever had in Dubai!

After attending (and eating) Archie’s birthday party, we (with Jei, Cris and Gina) decided to go home.

4th Angel: Archie for the free dinner =)


So, naghintay kami ng taxi…

After 15 minutes of waiting and since mahirap sumakay ng cab, we decided to cross the street…

Kung gaano katagal kami naghintay, hindi ko na alam…pero matagal sya…

Kaya nagconcert n lang kami ni Mamu Cris while waiting =)

(eto pa un masakit sa istorya, 15 minutes after naming bumaba ng resto, bumaba na rin sina Carol, Ana and Burn, pero sila pa un unang nakasakay kesa sa amin dahil hindi sila tumawid!)

5th & 6th Angels: Jap and Chris Velasco (bro, Salamat talaga for looking after us and for you concern! Asteeeeg kayong dalawa!)


Ending, nakasakay naman kaming apat around 1230am...

We went to Gina’s place, she picked up her stuff kasi nagsleep over sya sa house namin…

Then we dropped cris at her place and diretso Jumeirah…

7th Angel: Francis – the taxi driver…why? Kasi kung ibang driver sya, malamang puro reklamo na dahil sa daming stop over…


I walked.

A long walk.

4 more Angels: Gina, Jei, Carol and Cris because they made my road adventure a glorious one =)



Why am I blogging this?

1. For six years in Dubai, I kept on asking myself: kelan kaya ako makakalakad sa Maktoum bridge? Now it has been answered!

2. Masarap at Masaya maglakad with people I love…

3. I appreciate Junior…his importance and purpose …heheheh!!!

4. I met a lot of Angels along the way J and Thank you guys!

Comments

Popular Posts