be a missionary

Excerpt from I'D RATHER BE A MISSIONARY
By J. Philip Hogan


I'd yield to Christ my all,
I'd answer yes to Jesus' loving call;
And follow Christ to lands afar,

I'd be a Missionary.
I'd walk the dusty city streets
Where unsaved millions live,
I'd tell the Gospel of my Lord,
My time, my love I'd give;

I’ll follow Christ if He should lead,
To desserts hot and bleak;
I would not trade the privilege,
To tell the Gospel Story,
For all the world could offer me,
Of pleasures, wealth, and glory;
Oh, to see a never-dying soul,
Confess to Christ his sin,
Then watch him live a transformed life before his fellow men;

It brings peace into the human heart,
And makes the Angels sing,
And it gives the Missionary a joy …the world could never bring!

I'll be a Missionary!

Comments

Popular Posts