When it Rains, it Floods!

‘mainit…

bka umulan ulit mamya…

umulan kahapon eh’


These are the first three lines of Jeanette’s email to me today. When we had hail storm in Dubai a week ago (a day before we left for Oman Mission), Jeanette was the first person I called to share the joy of experiencing hail storm in a desert place. For me it was a big deal. And today, I just realized that the two of us have shared so many seasons in our lives – ‘climatically’ and figuratively =)


Suddenly, I just realized that I love rainy season. It was raining in Dubai these past few days, I love it because rains always brought about change, nourishing the life that is dried up during the dry season and washing away all the hoarded filth.


Last Saturday night, SFC Dubai Cluster had a session with Kuya Noli Manuel. I went there not knowing what to expect cause hearing God’s words through him will be always be a different experience. After his talk, I left feeling light-hearted, aware of God's love for me, full of hope for the BEST is yet to come and reminded on the ways how to fall in love with Christ.


The talk allowed me to be grateful for moments of crisis when I can see more clearly what is happening around and within me and when I could make the most significant steps in my life. He encouraged me that even if I am in pain there is an end to the ache and all I have to do is to be susceptible and raw before my Creator, who is going to heal and mould me and who is speaking to my heart even while I shut it down.


Kuya Noli has been part of my spiritual journey for the past four years and I am very blessed to have a mentor, kumpare, kuya and friend who is helping me listen to my heart and to the Inner Powerful Voice of Love. As always, my knowledge of God is growing because of conversations with him and listening to his teachings. Plus others God-sent people on my way. There are things I realize on my own but it makes easier to have someone who listens, mirrors, processes and validates these breakthroughs, isn’t it?

It's only the fourth month of the year and already, I am feeling hasten of graces, in ways I do not expect. Predicaments are always there but once more I can say that my God is bigger than my problems. All of a sudden, my disappointments don't seem that awful: taxi fare hikes, global financial crisis, stretched working hours and all the usual uncertainties can't pull me down easily. I was even humbled in a major way last week by God who turned a situation which a lot of people are frustrated about into a blessing. I can think about happy thoughts and countless blessings and everything seems to be fine. I can dream. I can hope. I can love. I can pray. I can believe. I can sing. Bring on the rain.


If this time of rain is about blessing, then the pain is not depressing. They say when it rains it pours, but in my case when it rains, it floods with His Blessings! I sing to my God, and I listen to His voice, for He meets me where I am - He always does. Prayers work. God turned my mourning into dancing once again. Thank you Lord for showing me that you always go before me and that you are taking me to places I have never imagined. You are a generous and faithful God.


This makes me remember Regine's song (plus a quite catchy melody):


Buhos na ulan, aking mundo'y lunuring tuluyan
Tulad ng pag-agos mo,
'Di mapipigil ang puso kong nagliliyab
Pag-ibig ko'y umaapaw,
Damdamin ko' y humihiyaw sa tuwa
Tuwing umuulan at kapiling ka

"Lord, bring on the rain"


...


Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka

Words and Music by Ryan Cayabyab


Pagmasdan ang ulan,

Unti-unting pumapatak sa mga halama ' t mga bulaklak

Pagmasdan ang dilim,

Unti-unting bumabalot sa buong paligid t ' wing umuulan

Kasabay ng ulan bumubuhos ang ' yong ganda,

Kasabay rin ng hanging kumakanta

Maari bang huwag ka na

Sa piling ko ' y lumisan pa hanggang ang hangi't ula'y tumila na

Buhos na ulan, aking mundo'y lunuring tuluyan

Tulad ng pag-agos mo,

'Di mapipigil ang puso kong nagliliyab

Pag-ibig ko'y umaapaw,

Damdamin ko' y humihiyaw sa tuwa

Tuwing umuulan at kapiling ka

Pagmasdan ang ulan,

Unti-unting tumitila

Ikaw ri ' y magpapaalam na

Maari bang minsan pa, mahagkan ka ' t maiduyan pa

Sakbibi ka ' t ulan lamang ang saksi

Minsan pa ulan bumuhos ka ' t h ' wag nang tumigil pa

Hatid mo ma ' y bagyo, dalangin ito ng puso kong sumasamo

Pag-ibig ko ' y umaapaw,

Damdamin ko ' y humihiyaw sa tuwa

Tuwing umuulan at kapiling ka


Maari bang minsan pa, mahagkan ka ' t maiduyan pa

Sakbibi ka ' t ulan lamang ang saksi

Buhos na ulan, aking mundo ' y lunuring tuluyan

Tulad ng pag-agos mo,

'Di mapipigil ang puso kong nagliliyab

Pag-ibig ko ' y umaapaw,

Damdamin ko ' y humihiyaw sa tuwa

Tuwing umuulan at kapiling ka


Minsan pa ulan bumuhos ka ' t h ' wag nang tumigil pa

Hatid mo ma ' y bagyo, dalangin ito ng puso kong sumasamo

Pag-ibig ko ' y umaapaw,

Damdamin ko ' y humihiyaw sa tuwa

Tuwing umuulan at kapiling ka.

Comments

Popular Posts