LOOKING back and forward

The New Year is just around the corner and the time is almost upon us to don in high spirits parties and have happy food on our table. In Dubai some gatherings are held in public places but I personally would prefer to be at home with family and close friends at the stroke of midnight and watch the not-so-many fireworks in the sky from our roof top.


2008 will be the year of recollections …very challenging year that in the past few months You-You-You-You (and all of You!) made a difference on my point of view and somehow, had changed the course of my life to outshine.


As I think about it, 2008 is a busy year for me. With the development of my entire year, my heartbeat will jump to 100 and fall back to 70 before jumping to another 130 (can you imagine that? – ignore the numbers, I’m just exagge!)


2008 is the year I learned from my mistakes. Good and bad things, ups and downs, little and big leaps happened along the year…

It’s been a blessed, brilliant, bubbly, incredible, tough, beautiful, happy beyond measure year.

And beyond words, I am grateful.

The Lord had defined 2008 for me.

As the end of another year draws high, I am beset by thoughts of the year's highlights.


Looking back at 2008


JANUARY

Mind-numbing month


FEBRUARY

My first International Leaders’ Conference in Pampanga

My first Gawag Kalinga Immersion in Tarlac


MARCH

Mind-numbing month


APRIL

Mind-numbing month


MAY

UAE National Conference in Dubai --- the highest bestest moment of my SFC life (so far!)

Became a CFC Mission Office volunteer


JUNE

30th wedding anniversary of my parents


JULY

Bonding moments with Ate Sam and the rascals (C6) while Kuya Noli was away on a mission


AUGUST

My Pinas vacation -- after 6 years, I was able to celebrate my birthday with relatives again

My birthday celebration organized by Chapter 1 – first time to join a dating game

THE One Kick Off


SEPTEMBER

Kenya Mission – African Trail 2008


OCTOBER

My big-deal-big-in-grown!

No Junior for three weeks

One week birthday celebs of Nanay


NOVEMBER

THE One’s trust to let me handle Advertising

League of Extra Ordinary Single recognition

10th SFC Middle East Conference


DECEMBER

Challenges at work and SFC services



For those who brushed off the gloom from my face with a grin. For those who believed in me when I no longer understood myself. For those who replaced my burdens for their heartfelt joy and never sought a better bargain. For those whose love and laughter gave me wings and a blue sky. For those I cannot thank enough in this lifetime or the next. For my friends and parents…”
SALAMAT po sa isang buong taon!

Looking forward for 2009


2009 is the year to believe in myself more.

For 2009, it’s about seeking His will and heeding for His call. And whatever will and call He has, I pray for faithfulness and love.

2009 is to trust further …

To love more…

To pray harder…

And to touch more lives…


===


Have you made any new friends this year?

- yes, the little rascals, the 2 enhinyeros, the new sets of unit heads at marami pang iba…


What is the worst thing to happen to you this year?

- my return from Oman border – alone and crying (argh!)


Have you been on vacation this year?

- yes, twice: February and August


How did you celebrate your birthday this year?

- in the Philippines and a surprise party organized by Chapter 1


What new thing did you learn this year?

- Multiply (harhar!) – masteral degree


What was your favorite tv program this year?

- Grey’s Anatomy


What is your favorite scent this year?

- Happy Clinique


What do you want next year to be like?

- for Grace to be a blessing to more peeps and to have a financial budget plan (as in I need this na!)



Have a greatest, grandest and grace filled New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts