on cooking

I cook.
I can cook.
I am not magaling in cooking, but I do cook.
I am capable of preparing, mixing, sautéing, boiling food, etc
But no one believes in me.
And I understand.
Actions speak louder than words, right?
Eh walang action. Walang proof.
So walang evidence.
So talo ako sa kaso.
Hahahahaha!

Whenever I am asked what my favourite household chore is
I usually say its Cooking – or staying in the kitchen to help out nanay preparing food.
I can also make linis, pero only my room and since hikain ako, I have the excuse not to be good in cleaning.
I can also do the laundry, but I find it boring – my washing machine naman eh!
Ironing – ndi pa kami super friends!

Anyways, back to cooking.
Years back, when I was living in Pinas, I usually cook.
I tried anything, except complicated dish – paksiw! (oo, I find it complicated kasi ndi naman ako mahilig sa paksiw)
When I arrived in Dubai, I became dependent sa luto ni nanay.
Pero I usually watched her doing what she does best.
Then two years ago, when they went back in Pinas for few months …
Jeanette left with no choice but to eat what I prepared for the 2 of us…

Now, due to busy sched, I can't find time to cook or to experiment in the kitchen.
Kaya hayun, nawalan ng credibility ang kakayahan ko. Waaaaa!
Pagkatapos ng matagal kong pananahimik away from the kitchen
Maraming taong nagkwestyon sa aking kakayahan, pati sarili ko!

Few weeks ago, I took the challenge of henry and coi to cook
I cooked ginataang crab.
I personally bought and make hiwa all the ingredients
Ending, no one believed. Kasi masarap sya (umamin kayo!!!)

Last night, I volunteered to cook spaghetti/macaroni/pasta (kung ano mang gustong itawag ni coi!) as our dinner
Everyone believed! Sa wakas!!! Wow diba?!!
But after believing that it was me …
Sangkatukat naman na pang-aasar ang nakuha ko sa mga super friends ko (moi, coi, ace and gina – thanks jeanette for the support...ahihi!)
Well...well...well..papel!
Gusto ko na sana i-deny na luto ko para tumigil n sila...hmp!?
Pero masarap naman sabi ng nanay ko, saka nyo na isipin ang BATO!

=)
=)
=)

One thing I was able to prove, at least to myself…
I still find JOY in cooking.
And it’s still my favourite chore =)

Pisawt!

Comments

Popular Posts