Qatar - my MEC Experience

I have heard most of the SFC UAE MEC stories...

From the start, from the moment people said yes (and that was two months ago), seeing the list of the first ten people who confirmed their names and the people who said yes just a week before the conference.

I’ve witnessed (and even been part of) the preparation, the practices, the AVP materials and the registration of the delegates. The anticipations. The excitements. The plans.

I’ve heard the successful stories... SFCs who were allowed by their employers, who got their passports renewed, who got their tourist visas on time, the financial blessings that came along their ways, the angels they met who helped and convinced them to join MEC, the relief they felt the moment they sat inside the plane (whew!)…

I’ve heard the first-hand stories from the people in Qatar (Joyce, ur an angel!), from kuya noli (you're really the MAN!), from the Oronas and the Mendozas...and all of them tried to calm us.

I've heard stories and seen the situations of the SFC Dubai: from the moment I confirmed that all tourist visa applications were denied, SFCs who were on the way to Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports, heard their questions, their worries, their strategies, their hopes, and their faith.

I've heard how they tried hard at the airport: changed from one lane to another, how excited they were when they got their boarding pass, how devastated they were when it was torn apart in front of them, how long they waited for the flights to be rebooked but again rejected at the counter, how they transferred the ‘show-money’ from one hand to another, how they passed on the positive energies and thoughts from one heart to another.

I've also heard the positions written on their passports! (tsk!tsk! pambihirang mga kompanya ito, iba position mo sa job descriptions mo!)

I’ve heard their sighs, their aspirations, their patient endurance, their perseverance, their FAITH to Him.

Each time I answered the phone, I imagined the tearful requests these people made to the Lord. I’ve heard the pain and frustration when they realized their prayer had been rejected again.

In the midst of all...

I realized that we really are people of God. We saw (tried) the hands of the Father in those moments, we laughed even we were all worrying, we were ONE in prayers, we consoled one another, we became source of strength of our friends, we held hands. At one point, it became a test of characters.

We saw how God has disturbed us. How God moved us. And at the end of the day, we realized that we just need to surrender everything to Him.

I’ve got my own experiences.

I heard myself hundred times within 48 hours. I was on the phone 75% of the day. Explaining the same things and giving the same reasons to people. Getting info from Qatar, from Ann and Letlet and spreading it to everyone. I decided to be strong, to cheer up many people, to give hope, inspiring words, techniques, and ideas. Trying to be objective even I wanted to be subjective…comforting other hearts even when mine was also crying… calming my voice when my mind was already shouting. And Cheche said: ‘tanong nga namin saan nanggagaling ang pagiging positive ni sis Gracie.

But it was through Eboy that I started to cry. I was inside the car together with Gina and Cheche (all of us are SFC Dubai Chapter leaders…imagine the scene???). I cried. (I even cried while taking my bath…isinabay ko ang buhos ng damdamin ko sa buhos ng maligamgam na tubig!).

Then I was humbled.

But then, God made me realized that…

It is His battle.
He secured us with angels who helped us with our requirements. He prepared us: financially, physically, emotional and spiritually for this conference.
Then He sent us to the battle when He knew we were ready to fight. He knew that WE would all make it. We experienced tribulations, happiness, excitement, disappointments.
Yesterday’s experiences were some of our training grounds. He trained us so that we will be equipped in the next battle He reserved for us.
I am one of His warriors – that needs more trainings and discipline.

We may not know the purpose while we are receiving our NO but we are affirmed that THERE is. And because of what God has revealed to us of Himself, we know that His purpose is all-loving and all-wise. Indeed, the Lord isn't under obligation to say "yes" to every prayer. Sometimes God says "no" to our most heartfelt requests. Have you discovered this to be true in your own life? I certainly have.

I am convinced as He tells me – all the things you’ve witnessed, the people you’ve met and stories you’ve heard before the MEC are my perfect plans for you.


Real lives, real stories… its more than the MEC, I reckon.


Then, I rest my case, step Out in Faith and accept God's Plan.




share your experiences, might inspire others too…

Comments

Popular Posts