Here I am, My Heart of Worship

Here I am, My Heart of Worship

19 November 2008


What is true worship?


The song ‘Here I am to Worship’ suddenly appears so meaningful to me this past few days.

…Here I am to Worship, to bow down, to say that YOU are MY GOD…


You will agree when I say that true worship is not just about songs. We think that praise means fast songs and worship means slow songs. Maybe we worship only for 30 minutes or we spend singing songs during SFC activities and then we stop when the music ministry brings to an end.


We worship Him because for Who He Is, for how great our God is.

When we worship, we are saying that God has worth, that he is worthy.

We worship because we declare His worth in our lives, in our time, in our future.

We speak, sing, dance, raise our hands, bow down our heads and shed tears about how magnificent and powerful God is.


The purpose of worshipping is not so that we sing and raise hands and then “feel good” or feel “high”, not so that we will get goose bumps or an unusual sensation. It is not that God to bless us (and our hearts’ desires) after we worship Him. Indeed, worship should be about HIM.


Sabi nga sa song na ‘The Heart of Worship’ -- It’s not about us, it’s all about JESUS. Worship is not about how good, talented, smart, rich and famous we are, but how perfect GOD IS! It is not about what we do and we could do, it is about what God has already done (on the cross) and what He is going to do.

…I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross…



When do we Worship?


I always believe that the real test is if we can continue to praise God in the middle of our pain, heart aches, disappointments and struggles.


Can we still yell our worship and hum our praises even when our heart is bleeding and life is tattered? Madali to sing and dance to joyful praises, but how about when we can’t find and hear the music? Can we dance to the tune of our pain? The reality is that we, as Christians, are called to be wounded healers. That is why we have to desire to continue to praise God in the middle of our pain. We need to allow God’s love, grace and mercy to take over the pain and empty our heart because when we have nothing else in our heart but God, that’s when we can truly worship and praise His name.


When we worship, it doesn’t matter what cultural and educational background we come from, what stories we have in the past, whether we are joyful or gloomy, whether we scored or dropped it all. It is about doing the best in whatever we do, whether it is our voices, musical talent, our career, our relationships or our everyday life. It is about worshipping God for who He is in spite of our conditions.



Who God Is?


The more we worship God, the more we know who HE is, and the more we will worship Him.


The SFC community serves as a vehicle for all its members to journey to one purpose, that is bringing us closer to Him. Of course, CLOSER is where I want to be, ikaw rin diba?

Come, hop on and journey with me in serving, loving and knowing Him more through our worship.

I am Gracie Entereso po, for Christ!



Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. (Ps. 95:6-7)



Here I am to Worship

Light of the world You stepped down into darkness.

Opened my eyes, let me see.

Beauty that made this heart adore You. Hope of a life spent with You

Here I am to worship, Here I am to bow down,

Here I am to say that You' re my God

You're altogether lovely, altogether worthy,

Altogether wonderful to me

King of all days oh, so highly exalted

Glorious in heaven above

Humbly You came to the earth You created

All for love's sake became poor

Here I am to worship, Here I am to bow down,

Here I am to say that You're my God

You're altogether lovely, altogether worthy,

Altogether wonderful to me

I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross…

Comments

Popular Posts