on scrapbooking

When I was younger (and that is not so long ago!), I used to collect souvenirs from the places I’ve been to, resto receipts and tissues, bills… hindi pa masyadong uso ang digital picture dati :P… I fell in love with scrapbooking. I chose an acid free album, bought supplies from National bookstore (stickers, shaped paper punchers, coloured pens, rubber stampings, ribbon, alphabet letters, glitters) and gathered embellishments from crap (backgrounds from magazines, confetti, cut-outs, drawings, newspaper clippings, old greeting cards) and getting out photos and souvenirs that will preserve my life’s most treasured moments for years to come.

After 10 years, I am falling in love again with scrapbooking (but the simpler version). I am working on a very special story of my life. Aside from web blogging, I started to handwrite my emotions, collect photos and add some embellishments on it.

This time I realize that journaling is very important! Pictures only tell half of the story and without the narration to go with them their meaning may become lost over the years. I write the basic "who, what, when, and where" journal but also incorporating my feelings, thoughts, and memories that the pictures bring to me.

Getting involved in this hobby is not too expensive. You just have to have a heart :) and you’ll definitely love it.

Hopefully, someday, I will be able to show this to you. I am praying :D
This could be a bit of a mission!

Happy scrapping!


Wanna-be-scrapbooker,
G

Comments

Popular Posts