Bye 2007

Whew! 365 days passed by so swiftly, isn’t it? (though in reality, it takes 365.25 days for the Earth to travel around the sun, which is why we have an extra day every four years!) The 2008 is coming in few hours.
Parang kailan lang, diba Valentine’s day lang…?

All of us probably are preparing for our New Year’s Eve plans and menus, and maybe still wrapping gifts as huling hirit. But I am still here in the office and hoping I could go home early to prepare for tonight’s big event. Perchance some of us are even catching up on our ‘07 resolutions.

This 2007, what are the highlights of my year? What new things did I embrace? What old things did I let go? And more than that -

What am I thankful for?

--- thankful for letting go of the pain and accepting things I cannot change
--- thankful for a complete, healthy and happy family
--- thankful for the Africa mission and the Team Africa
--- for having friends who keep me sane and allow me to grow…
--- for all the tears – of pain and joy
--- for great memories
--- for the new sunglasses
--- for the new investments in the Philippines
--- for all the disappointments to prove me that I don’t run the world
--- for the courage and faithfulness to accept God’s call to be His servant through Singles for Christ
--- for Singles for Christ
--- for making me realize that some people will not share the same points of views and priorities as I have
--- for making me realize that people around me can have their own interpretation and judgement of who I am based on what I do and say… its just up to me to believe them or myself…
--- for allowing me to realize that my imperfections can lead me to become a better person every moment of my life…
--- for introducing me to the blog world
--- for hectic schedules
--- for being the strength of other people
--- for having my source of wisdom, joy and love
--- for the braces
--- for hope and hope and hope for a brighter future
--- for the faith that allow me to hold on
--- for a stronger ‘Junior’
--- for all the people around me…
--- for the gift of life


What I failed to do this year?

--- fix one of my ATM cards which I’ve been worrying since 2006
--- ride the cable car in creek side
--- wear make up everyday in the office
--- have a new boyfriend – harhar!
--- update my resume!!!
--- finish reading even a single book

My Ups and Downs in 2006
* My family
* My health
* & and my love life

My Ups and Downs in 2007
* Financial
* SFC service

How about 2008?
* let’s wait & see

2007 has been a quiet and yet amazing, challenging, gratifying and blessed year. I have been surrounded and gifted by remarkable people and amazing experiences for the past 365 days…

In 2007, noteworthy life lessons have been re-learned and I am thankful for this marvellous ride of the year.

Asante Sana…
Maraming Salamat…
Tack…
Shukriyaa…
Merci…
Muchas Gracias…
Thank you, 2007!

… see you in 2008!


Love and peace,
Gracie

Comments

Popular Posts