Experience, Commitment and Prayers

Full Name: Grace Entereso
Nickname: Gracie
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
SFC Position: Dubai Chapter Leader and Cluster Pastoral Formation Officer (PFO)
Age: 28
Occupation: OFW (graphic coordinator)

What made you decide to go to Africa (kenya)? It was my long time dream to go for a mission and God arranged everything for me: my employer approved my leave, I got support from my parents right away, my finances was settled, etc. I knew from the start it was God’s plan and I bravely said yes to Him.

What is your Jesus' Experience in Africa? Believe it or not, but in every minute of my stay in Kenya, Jesus never failed to amaze me. He sent remarkable people who inspired me (and the rest of the Team), He uses each situation to show how generous and magnificent god He is, He always answers my questions and my wishes, indeed The Lord's good gifts are for all who ask and seek.

Let me share with you the three simple prayers I had when I was in Kenya and how God answered my prayers, as He said – ask and you shall receive:

On our second day, as we were on our way to Kenya Missionary House, I saw African Bananas for sale on the street and I wondered how it taste and hoped that someone can buy them for me, and voila – African Banana was our snacks in the Missionary house…
The week we stayed in Kenya was my menstruation week. I was so apprehensive that it will arrive on the day I was in Voi. I was asking Him to delay my monthly period so I could enjoy my Mission in Voi… and again God answered my prayers – my period arrived the day I got back in Nairobi.
I experienced two extreme situations in Kenya – to sleep in a very humble house with no electricity and limited water supply and mosquitoes singing lullabies on our ears and to sleep in a mansion with a very high ceiling, air conditioned, unlimited supply of water and a very comfortable bed and pillows.


What is your commitment for Africa? To be 100% supportive in their advocacy to proclaim God’s words and works in their continent, to include Africa in my daily personal prayers and to do more missions in Kenya.

Write a short reflection on your mission. How did it change you? (this will be on a separate blog)

Write your prayer for Africa.

Dear Father, I faithfully pray for Africa – a place you’ve used to open my heart and soul.I pray for all Africans. Wash away their fears, dry their tears.
Bestow courage in their minds, bring hope into their hearts, Grant them good health and embrace their lives, Continue to provide them food and water for their physical nourishment.
Renew their land, restore their optimism.Bring peace to their countries.
Lord God, mend your continent of Africa.
I believe that Your love and our faith come together, it is your will for all humanity to have an abundant life and our lives of faithful service will join hands.
Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts