Hide Me Under Your Wings

This morning I was challenged. I knew I wanted to have prayer time before leaving the house, but with a tired body and aching tummy, it wasn't an easy task to get ready, and I was running out of time. With few minutes left, I found myself in the sanctuary trying to jump right into my devotional. After reading a sentence or two, I stopped. My objective was to spend time with Jesus, not rush through prayer time just to say I had them. If you didn't already know, the power of prayer is amazing. My mind slowed down, and I began to focus on Jesus as I surrendered my heart, soul, will, thoughts, desires, and fears to Him.

Every time I pray, it reminds me that God desires me to position myself so that I can be used by Him. He desires that I run to Him instead of to my own strength. As I continued to surrender, a peace and a joy swelled within me. This is what I desire. This is what I need - to be surrendered and under the power of the Holy Spirit. The power that raised Christ from the dead and promised that I can do even more than Jesus did. This morning was a reminder that my heart and flesh may fail but God is the strength and joy of my heart and my portion forever.

For those of you who have prayed for me and are continuing to pray, thank you. I covet and appreciate your prayers for me. Please pray that I would be present where I am and that I would learn. This week and the next four weeks are intense weeks of MEC preparations. Please pray that I would be able to soak in all of this information and be an exemplary servant-leader of Him. God is already doing great things. To Him be all glory, praise, and honor. He is good.

Comments

Popular Posts