WOW in OWWA


The idea of the OWWA Outreach was inspired by Julios Escoderos which started early this year, I was like a politician campaigning and tapping my close friends to be part of the service team. The eagerness to pursue the OWWA outreach even hiked up after the June Outreach where I was part of the service team. But the OWWA idea stopped when I learned about the SFC schedule for the month of August - packed with many activities, I started to give up. Not until I spoke to Kuya Ferdie Macanas, 3 weeks before August 24. He convinced me to go in for the outreach since the day was already reserved for SFC.

We had our first service meeting on August 10 and we were very blessed to have people who volunteered to be part of the OWWA core group: God sent too many people and blessings that made this outreach achievable.

Personally, the OWWA outreach is one of the happiest services I ever had. I found the secret of happiness – it’s being in-love with what I was doing. Aside from many people shared the same vision as mine, they shared the same passion in helping out our Kababayans.

It was so amazing how generous God is when He poured countless canned goods, noodles, toiletries, sandals and other personal stuff, He sent many volunteers who inspired and made our Kababayans forget their qualms and fears even only for a day. Volunteering has a positive influence, irrespective of a community's social class or wealth. Further, God sent people who selflessly shared their financial blessings which enable us to send 7 Kababayans back to the Philippines.

Brothers and Sisters from Singles for Christ, from my family in THE One Total Home Experience, my housemates, from the different companies who extended their help and to all people who has been part of the service team – Maraming maraming Salamat po.

Certainly, extending our resources to others brings good feelings to the giver and the receiver of the good deeds. Using our special gifts and talents to our Kababayan served as a gift to ourselves as we enjoy making others’ lives better.

All of these are for the glory and honor and with all thanksgiving to God alone! He continually using us to be His instruments to make the world a better place.

God gave me a precious gift - the gift of Life… and this is the most important gift a person could have. In living a life, it is how we extend and share this gift to others. At the end of it all, it is how we use this life and become a “Life” to other people.

Comments

Popular Posts