I’m Making a Human | Third Trimester


When I reached my third trimester, I stopped counting and STARTED COUNTING. I stopped counting the shirts and dressed that my belly has outgrown. I stopped counting the times I’ve peed during the night. I stopped counting the times I’ve dropped something.

I have, on the other hand, started counting for Gian’s grand arrival. I started counting for Gian’s essentials I will need. I started counting contractions. I started the countdown.

I’m proud of the way my body has transformed, and I love  bringing this bump with me everywhere I go. It’s like saying, Hey world, I am God’s co-maker! I’m making a human!


Here are more memories from my third trimester:

NAMES

Yes. We’ve got one. It’s the same one I mentioned in my post. We are lovin' it!
F
or now, let us call our bundle of perfect joy – GIAN - a name given to a boy and girl which means a Gift from a Gracious God.



THE MOVES - coolest feeling ever!

Those thrilling little kicks from the second trimester are nothing compared to the action that goes down in the third. This little human is playing a game, dancing, swimming, exercising and somersaulting!  Right foot, upper stomach! Left hand, belly button! My tummy’s uneven shape. It’s crazier than I’d ever imagined. Gian moves all the time especially around 11PM, 2AM,10AM, 3PM and 430PM, and they're amazing. I actually feel little punches or kicks or nudges or whatever in more than one spot at the same time. I also feel Gian's hiccups which is unbelievable! 

I absolutely love feeling Gian move around in my belly and I can tell that I’m really going to miss this part of pregnancy.


THE NEST

The nesting instinct is real. For me, it really kicked in during this last month.

We have loads of big DIY projects that we need to really get-to-gettin’ on in there. Neo was in charge of furniture painting - he painted 3 of our old brown cabinets to white. He created a house-like nursery and painted the nursery wall to light green and ecru.  Since we’re using a lot of hand-me-down pieces and pieces thieved from other rooms in the house (thanks Tatay and Nanay), we needed to do some painting and reworking to make it all work together.
The plan

The execution - thank you Kuya Roy for assisting us.

a messy room

 the mirror is painted to white

and even the wall clock!

Right now, we have a white cabinet converted to changing table, a white crib and a canopy (thank you Mac and Loren), a white wardrobe cabinet for Gian’s stuff and clothes. A nursery area where love, cuddles and kisses will be given to our little bundle.

Honestly, I am torn between having Gian sleep on our bed or letting him enjoy the night to the crib. I've heard that sharing a bed with the baby poses a danger for SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). I hope Neo and I will enjoy co-sleeping with Gian and to practice it safely, and reap the rewards of feeling more connected with each other.
 
Thank you Bro Jan Michael T for this photo. We love your shots.
Thank you Mac and Loren for Gian's crib and canopy. We are so loved!

After Neo finished the nursery area, I thought, why stop there? I currently have an overwhelming urge to wash and iron baby clothes, to make up Gian’s closet, to buy closet organizers, to create closet dividers, to put wall stickers, etc. I am making the most of it now, before life becomes too hectic and before everything will be challenging enough.

Neo washes Gian's clothes

I spent the whole evening trying to fix Gian's closet.

Gian's Closet Dividers
Closet organizers with labels

THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

I’m super tired by the end of a day and can’t wait to go to sleep at night, but the quality of my sleep is so poor. I wake up a lot of times, either to pee or because of bad dreams or to adjust my pillows. I just don’t sleep well at all.

But the kilig parts are: feeling Gian’s movements and having Neo turning on the lights for me, re-arranging my pillows and hugging and comforting me in the middle of discomforts. That’s heaven!


GIAN’S FIRSTS

Neo and I made the decision early on that we weren’t going to do a lot of buying for Gian (especially before our shower in September). In order not to have double purchases, we had our Baby Registry at Babyshop but most of what we needed were not bought. So we have to buy them after the shower- in one condition – we have to wait for a promotion or sale! Of course though, it can be seriously hard to deny buying some (keyword: some) of the adorable clothes and stuff out there. We’ve picked up a few cute things here and there.

One of them is the swaddle wrap. This is a blanket to be wrapped snuggly around Gian's body that resemble the mother’s womb and help soothe the newborn. But this has to be worn for max of 60 days only. There are 2 wraps in 1 box which will be given to the nurse to wrap Gian.



Another essential is Mustela Bath Oil. We received some Mustela products during the shower but I personally think Bath Oil is essential too. So I bought one from Babyshop. It preserves the skin barrier and has a long-lasting moisturizing effect. Pour 1 or 2 capfuls of the Mustela Bath oil for baby into bath water. Can also be used as a cleansing oil when body is wet.


Green Hooded Towel from Carter's - this is so adorable! I bought this when it was on 50% off. This will also be included in the hospital bag.



I will try to share with you what's inside our hospital bag(s) and my hand-me-over gifts on my next post! (hope before I give birth!)


MY BODY

Health-wise. My blood pressure and sugar are normal, no infections, I’m gaining weight at a normal clip, and other than my consistent discomfort, I’m doing well. And so is Gian! I had my USD (thorough ultrasound) on our 36th week. Gian’s growing well – 2.5 kilograms, has a great heartbeat and blood flow and is measuring right on schedule. However, at 36th week, Gian is in breech position (bottom first instead of head first). We have faith that Gian will again turn to a normal position on our 38th week. If not, Gian must be delivered in C-section. So guys, please pray with and for us, ok?

Energy-wise. Even when I am excited and energized in the thought of finally seeing Gian, my body, on the other hand, is having a different type of mood. It is tired! My body is undergoing a huge change and has been housing this wonderful baby for nine months. There are no specific pains but I feel like my body is in constant discomfort. Even when I wasn’t doing anything I felt tired. 

Physical-wise. I am swollen – not only my feet and hands, but everything - which is normal! I found myself noticing all the weird changes in my body like darkening of underarms and neck (the changes are very visible now), warts on my neck – small and large, stubborn baby hair, dark line on my tummy, darker areola and nipples. Eager for it to be over, and wondering if it would ever go back to how it was before, young and beautiful! LOL!

Water retention

FIRST SACRAMENT

As excited parents-to-be, Neo and I are preparing ourselves to one the most important stages of Gian's life as a Catholic - to receive the Sacrament of Baptism. We attended the Baptism Seminar in September, together with Ninong JM Mangyao & Ninong Eboy and Ninang Che David.


FYI from St Mary's Catholic Church in Dubai:

BAPTISM FOR INFANTS


Baptism for infants is administered every Thursday (except on Maundy Thursday) at 4:00 pm and Saturday (except on Holy Saturday) at 1:00 pm in the Chapel of the St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Prior registration is not required; however parents and God-parents are required to attend the Baptism Preparation Seminar in advance.

PREPARING FOR YOUR CHILD'S BAPTISM

The Baptism Preparation Seminar is normally held on the Second Friday of every month from 8:30 am till 10:00 am in the Mini Hall. Parents and God-parents MUST attend the seminar before requesting Baptism of their child. God-parents MUST BE CATHOLICS (Canon Law:874.3). Copy of the Baptism and Confirmation Certificates of godparents must be produced at the time of Baptism. It is recommended that parents attend the seminar before the birth of their child.

Documents Required are :
  • Copy of the Church Marriage Certificate of the parents
  • Copy of the Birth Certificate of the child
  • Copy of the Confirmation Certificates of the Godparents


ANTENATAL CLASSES

Prime Hospital Garhoud runs an exclusive FREE programme of antenatal classes for parents who have registered and whose babies will be born at the hospital.
Also included is a maternity tour of the labour and units as well as a Q&A session... with loads of giveaways!!! It helped me and Neo to prepare for labour, birth and early parenthood. 






We are now on our 38th week and in a little over 15 days, this season of my life will be over... and a whole other, meaningful, blessed, crazy and beautiful adventure begins!

Comments

Popular Posts