You are my Bucket List



To my beautiful Bliss,

As I sit down and write this letter on your 1st birthday, my heart is beating with gratefulness and my life is filled with perfect joy.

When the time comes you are able to read this letter, years down the road, you will be affirmed that you are an answered prayer. Know that the day you were born was the happiest day of my life... our lives.

It’s bittersweet to see how quickly time is fleeting and how fast you are growing up. 

We spent countless moments of breastfeeding, hundreds of hours of rocking and singing to put you to sleep, perfect instances of giggling, playing and discovering awesome things together. We survived long nights, no pacifier, cloth nappies and toilet 'accidents', clogged ducts, milk-supply descents, sicknesses, teething, and trial-and-error moments.

You amaze everyone you meet. Wherever we are, you stare, you smile, you wave (close-open style), you make ‘mano’,  you give high fives, you clap your hands. Everyone wants to be around you.



You are a completely amazing blissful experience from the very beginning. Indeed, bliss is exploding out of my heart.

Each day, I learned to love you even more.

… and differently.

You, Daddy Neo and I grew together over the past year. You learned many things, we learned many things.

You learned to laugh, giggle and shout.
And I learned that as you fill the space with laughter, your giggle is my new favourite sound in life.

You learned how to be beautifully uncomplicated - would rather play with bottled water, keys, empty boxes, TV remotes.
And I learned that life is about having simple things. They make all of us totally happy.

You learned to point your finger at things.
And I learned that you are a girl who knows exactly what she wants.

You figured out how to be a human, how to express your needs and your wants.
I learned my capabilities to understand things that come from the heart.


You learned to hold your head up, to roll over, to crawl, to sit up, to collect dirt, to climb and go down the bed, to take steps, to say words.
I learned how to appreciate small things that make up my whole being… and learned that you would not stay a baby forever.

You learned to sign for more.
I learned to give more.


You learned to babble words and syllables.
I learned to read between the lines.

You learned to nurse.
I learned that breastfeeding is one of the greatest gifts God has given me as a woman.

You learned to be clingy.
I learned to cherish our happiest place - having you close to me, wrapped in my arms.

You learned to play and be active until 2 in the morning.
I learned to pick my own battles – not forcing you to sleep! This allows me to capture some treasurable moments with you and Daddy. A few years from now, you will be sleeping in your own room, sigh!

You learned to push and pull.
I learned new acrobatic stunts so I won’t have scratches and wounds.

You learned how to be independent and adventurous.
I learned to see things from your lens instead of mine.


You learned to go places by yourself.
I learned to stop chasing you knowing you always find a way back into my arms.

You learned to eat solids.
I learned to research for healthier food and to clean someone else’s mess after a meal.

I have learned instantly and gradually to love a tiny human being with the kind of power and depth that make it the strongest and most beautiful emotion I know and have.


One year down and many more to go.

Bliss Giane, I am profoundly grateful for having you.

I prayed for you. I dreamed about you. I waited my whole life for you.
You are an answer to my prayers.
You are my bucket list.


Daddy Neo and I are two imperfect individuals. But trust and believe that we have a perfect God who will help us nurture and love you in His ways.
Know and learn that my love for you is unchangeable and I am designed to spend the rest of my life making sure you are secure in this love.
Above all, understand that Daddy and Mommy’s love for you is just a shadow of the indescribable love the Lord has for you.

I love you, Bliss Giane.

Mommy Grace


All photos by TOMATOPOTATO Creatives. It was such a joy to have your service, style, take photos, and be your friends. Thanks, Franz and Sheena! Be blessed!
TOMATOPOTATO Creatives provides photography, videography, photo booth and party styling services in the UAE.

Comments

Popular Posts