The Happiest and Laziest Three Months of my Life

Finding out that I am going to be a mom soon is indescribable. Every change in my body felt strange and so bizarre. I am just always affirming myself that all these weird things happening to my body are because of that little-beautiful-miracle-seed growing inside me.

Every woman experiences and handles pregnancy differently. For me, I was burping and passing out gas a lot, with a bionic sense of smell, extreme exhaustion, peeing a lot and being super-dooper clingy to Neo! The best change, though, was having these two gorgeous breasts (round and full), wider hips and a real butt, LOL! Obviously, I love the changes happening to my body.

I’d say that I was one of those lucky pregnant women who had it easy in their first trimester – no vomiting and had no trouble with food ( though I just gained 2 kilos from 49g to 51kg). I was always hungry. I learned how to eat small meals. After eating I felt bloated. And to avoid acid reflux, I have to eat before I get hungry again!

The internet helped me a lot in what to expect on the early stages, do's and don'ts and even subscribed in the WhattoExpect and BabyCentre apps. Neo and I would read up together on how the tiny life inside my womb is growing on a weekly basis. We imagined it based on how App describes and compares the growing life with the size of a particular fruit.

Every visit to my OB was really an amazing experience. Seeing BabyA moves. Hearing the heartbeat. Witnessing the face of Neo while watching the ultrasound. Everything was just so perfect.

Above all, I experienced (and still experiencing) to be loved and treated like a royal princess. I thank Neo and my parents for their patience and unconditional love that helped me to get through those days.

Now that I am on my second trimester (20 weeks this week) I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I have energy again! Of course, it’s not like pre-pregnancy energy, So far, my pregnancy is going great. Everything is normal and on track. My pregnancy is becoming more real. There really is a baby inside.

Sometimes I tell BabyA, "You stay there, BabyA. We will see you in October. It's so beautiful out here. You've got the coolest parents in the world and the most amazing grandparents. We'll give you an incredible life!" And I imagine that the little one wiggles in response!

I wanted to share with you the little things that made the experience better and more comfortable for me. Because they really made a big difference!

Stock up on crackers. Skyflakes became my favourite!
Hydrate. I confess, I didn’t drink enough water before getting pregnant. But water is a must for preggy women.
Instead of big meals, snack throughout the day.  I portioned my meals into snack sizes, which I would eat every 1-2 hours. Its either you love a certain food or you hate it with a passion, so find out what you’re craving for, stock up on it and eat it in small, frequent meals.
Immerse yourself in a good movie or television series. This is the best kind of distraction because it takes up a lot of your time. I love Dolce Amore and romcom movies
Go to YouTube and watch feel good videos. Since I don’t want to meet with friends (yes, you read it right – blame it to the hormones!) I needed to lift my mood so I got on YouTube. I began crying and laughing uncontrollably while watching the videos and you know what, I felt better after watching them.
Ask your OB/GYN about your prenatal pills.  Talk to your OB/GYN about it–she might be able to prescribe prenatal pills for you.


Comments

Popular Posts