Another week passed. Yesterday’s mass, I was asked to contemplate on Jesus' invitation to follow Him. I was grateful that this time, the invitation to follow Jesus did not draw out fear in me. I just said "Yes, Lord! Kayo na bahala, You know everything, and you know that I love you." I received the grace to be open, to surrender, and to wait on what the Lord will reveal to me at this point in my life. This YES followed a series of responses I had made since I joined Singles for Christ and knew and built deeper relationship with Jesus.

My response to Jesus' invitation to follow Him also allowed me to choose to be where I am right now, no resentments. I have heard Him calling me to stay and I have decided to willingly stay. I am able to embrace it because I know Jesus asked it of me and that means He will be with me every step of the way.

All of a sudden, the restlessness and impatience building up inside me dissolute. It might come back but I have accepted who and where I am, and given the option of leaving vs. staying, I was invited to stay, and I gladly said Yes.

This gives me the freedom now to look at my life with more hope, light and confidence. I can take stock of my roles and take them on with renewed strength.

Jesus truly meets us where we are.
Praise God!

Comments

Popular Posts