Dear Jesus,

every time i sin, it hurts You.
every hurtful word i say breaks Your heart a little more.
it’s like i’m putting those nails in Your hands all over again.
and yet, You still love me.
You still chose to die for me, knowing i was going to mess everything up.
knowing i would break Your heart thousands of times.
but You still took that chance that one day… i would love You.
that one day, this wretch You loved would realize that You were standing there all along.

Jesus, i’m not worthy of this, but You have made me worthy.
there’s nothing that can stop it. nothing can keep it from me.
You proved it when those nails went into Your hands, the spear in Your side, and the crown of thorns in Your head.
You proved that You loved a girl and that nothing would keep it from me… not even Your death.

Jesus, i deserved to be on that cross, not You!
but Your love for me took You there.
You chose me, because You loved me.
now i choose You, because i love You.

Comments

Popular Posts