My few thoughts on…

dealing with people who put you down ;)

For the past few months, I’ve been blessed to encounter someone who is hurt and obnoxious but coward - a difficult person to consider but allowed me to value myself more – especially the friendship I have with people around me.

So here what I have realized:

• A person can't hurt you unless you let it. But… dealing with people who put you down can be a painful and hurtful experience.

• A greater ME with a greater love was born.

• It’s not about me, it’s about her…

• Silence is the sharpest sword – promise to the world! Effective ito! If I react, I am actually giving her what she wants.

• Conserve Energy - where attention goes, energy flows. Need to conserve my tears as well. As long as I know where I stand – where the both of us stand – am confident with our friendship.

• “Does it really matter if I am right?” - Sometimes I respond with the intention of defending the side I took a position on. That’s why before arguing for the sake of being right, I asked “Does it matter if I am right?” especially if so mababaw ang issue… Will a reaction to this person contribute to the things that matter most to me?

• Am still patient =)

• Be in her shoes - as cliché as this may sound, I tend to forget that we become blind-sided in the situation. Am still blessed I have the person that she doesn’t have! (Beeehhh! inggit – the bad me!)

• Look for the lessons - No situation is ever lost if we can take away from it some lessons that will help us grow and become a better person. Regardless of how negative a scenario may appear, there is always a hidden gift in the form of a lesson. I am finding the lesson(s).

• Choose to eliminate negative people in my life –-- Done!

• I say you must first love yourself and keep God first and all things will be possible – including dealing with difficult people around u!



Every adversity carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit – Napoleon Hill

Comments

Popular Posts