Somewhere Over the Rainbow Birthday Party

God's Promises in my Life

The message of Giane’s party was “I set my rainbow in the clouds to serve as a sign of the promise… My covenant between me and you. Genesis 9:13”. We have chosen to have a colourful Rainbow Party (Rainbow and Clouds) as a theme, with the goal to have a vibrant and fun-filled afternoon and to remind ourselves of God's beautiful promises in our lives - one of them is our Bliss Giane.

Neo and I want to commend the staff of Raintree Hotel for their excellent service. We got extra help from the staff who assisted us from the ocular inspection to the food tasting up until the aftercare. Every staff member with whom we came in contact was approachable and attentive. They provided us an extra room the night before the party so we can start preparing the decor.  The food was excellent, my personal favorite was Beef Kare Kare and Buko Pandan. The sound system worked perfectly and the interior decors were attractive but not overdone – it even matched our colorful theme. The parking attendants were careful and courteous, too.

As they said, it takes a village to raise a child. It is also true that it takes a long list of sponsors to hold a very detailed birthday party. In my previous blog post, I shared our DIYs and was able to express my heartfelt gratitude to the people behind this party. Special thanks to my parents who were the major sponsors. As they said...'unang apo eh'.
Lolo Mel and Lola Cindy

The invitation was sent via Facebook event. Some people said yes right away, some were polite enough to apologize, a few took ages to send their RSVP and I think most parents' pet peeve when it comes to birthday parties is the invitees who are snobs. The people we invited were the most immediate of our families and closest of our friends who are part of building a loving and positive environment for Giane. We are very grateful to everyone who made it! There is nothing like a group of people who sincerely love your child and are committed to covering her in prayer!

And on this blog page, my focus is the people who graced our celebration with their presence. 
Happy baby
Guests started to come little by little, and Giane woke up an hour after the party was supposed to start. Yes, she was late to her own party. But this was great because she had much fun and energy and staying power at her own party!

Here are some beautifully captured moments during the party. Thank you to Jecho and Glen of Wink Shots


























































Comments

Popular Posts