Happy DaddyNeo's Day


I'm going to start off this by saying it is extremely difficult to summarize our love story painted by God and your immense affection for me and Giane into a single meaningful blog, since this year is your first Father’s Day, I'm going to try to do it. There are a million ways I could start off, but I think the best way to begin would be to say Thank You.


Thank you for choosing to love me and Giane.

Every day I thank the Almighty for you in my life. I feel so blessed and privilege knowing that from the beginning of creation, God knew that He would create us both for each other. That I would be your helpmate, that I would need your strength and unconditional love, to be the guardian of my heart and to be my protector. That through you, He has given our precious beautiful and perfect joy, our daughter, Bliss Giane. Every day is an answered prayer.

From the second we found out we were expecting our Bliss, you were right there with me, praying with me, reading BabyCentre Apps and making me laugh (that’s why I am not surprise Giane is also bungisngis). You were parenting and caring for Giane before she was even born, while holding my hand every step of the way. Thank you for pretending not to be scared when Giane's delivery didn't go as planned. When she was born, you were the one following her around the hospital for all the different newborn checks while I was stuck in bed. From changing diapers to cuddling, to putting her to sleep, to washing and ironing  her clothes, washing her bottles and pouring your love, time and attention to our precious little family.

Thank you for riding the emotional roller coaster with me as we meaningfully and wonderfully create this family. Thank you for celebrating the highs and comforting the lows. Thank you for handing me the box of tissues when I was hormonal. Thank you for the sacrifices in those early weeks and keeping me alive when we were two terrified, exhausted and thrilled new parents. Thank you for singing lullaby to Giane at 3 in the morning to keep her calm.



Thank you for coming home after long, stressful days at work with a smile and calm on your face, immediately lifting Giane so that I could take my gloriously ME time. Thank you for lighting up at the sight of us and for making me feel beautiful when it wasn't so easy.

Thank you for being so kind, gentle, patient, and soft spoken. Your hands are rough, your heart is pure, your beard was bushy and in your smile I find my home.


Watch: WOW! How Neo makes Giane cry:


You are perfect for me and for our daughter, Giane.
Happy Father’s Day, Mahal ko. We love you!

Prayers for Fathers

St. Joseph, guardian of Jesus and chaste husband of Mary, you passed your life in loving fulfillment of duty. You supported the holy family of Nazareth with the work of your hands. Kindly protect those who trustingly come to you. You know their aspirations, their hardships, their hopes. They look to you because they know you will understand and protect them. You too knew trial, labor and weariness. But amid the worries of material life your soul was full of deep peace and sang out in true joy through intimacy with God's Son entrusted to you and with Mary, his tender Mother. Assure those you protect that they do not labor alone. Teach them to find Jesus near them and to watch over him faithfully as you have done. Pope John XXIII
(http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=67) 

Comments

Popular Posts