We are ONE

Exactly a year ago, it was a perfect mix of sunny and breezy December morning. In a beautiful chapel in Fernwood Gardens, and in front of our parents, siblings, closest friends, relatives, godparents, and God, we shared our personal vows. Today marks our 1st year of being man and wife, on the year when we became Daddy and Mommy.




I remember when I first met you, I told myself…”hmmm okay lang...”. Ang kapal ng face kong isipin yun because right now, I cannot see my world without you as my husband, my partner, my best friend and as Giane’s hero. Although your weirdness first caught my attention, I marvel at the joyful person you are. It isn’t only that you are creative, but you fill our home and days with so much joy. You sing, you compose songs that you and Giane can only understand, you make jokes, you dance around, you make fun of yourself- ayiiieee your countless, unpredictable, ways of making me happy and contented. I think, it is one of your missions --- to give me a good life and to fill it with good laughs! Being married to you gave me a new name, a new family, new communities, new perspective, new routine, new corny jokes, new world. I know I’ve made several questionable, if not at all stupid, decisions in the past. But I have to say that choosing you, has been, next to my decision to follow Jesus, the best decision of my life. Truly the WE makes a happier ME.

Aside from the thank you blog I posted before, on this anniversary, it is a great day to remember some people in our lives.

I will always have to be grateful for Cheche Espinosa, my incredible-bridal shower-wedding–baby shower–baptismal coordinator, she has it all! All our joyful celebrations were made possible because of her. Truly she is God’s instrument.

Our engaged household leaders and godparents – Ninong Anthony and Ninang Yoti Dizon. Since we started our engaged HH group up to now, they have been our inspiration and role models. The way they are raising their 3 wonderful daughters are the way Neo and I would really want to raise our future kids too.

To my Tyong Adonis and Tyang Melinda Entereso who flew all the way from Canada for us. To be honest, I’ve got some regrets of not spending quality time with you. But we sincerely appreciate your generous hearts and willingness to be with us on our special day. Looking back, we feel so important and loved.

Another set of people come to mind are our Couples for Christ household group: Fortalezas, Castillos, Gregorios, Mangyaos and Monteverdes, you guys are amazing and heaven-sent! Thank you for journeying with us. It is such a blessing being in a group of friends we are comfortable with, whom we trust and love. I know it is a right decision to have you as Giane’s godparents.

And to Neo's sister, Ate Jinky and her hubby Kuya Botbe Sajulan for accepting me as their own sister. For always reminding Neo and supporting him to be a better husband to me. 

Reflecting on these relationships I began to realize that marriage brings us superb and strong ties with many other people.


Hayyy Neo, I will always treasure our simple moments like lounging in our bedroom for hours on our days off, cooking breakfast together, watching movies only you can understand, playing with Giane and pausing in between for kiss and hug breaks… and so much more. Thank God for never allowing me to settle for anything less, for never allowing me to settle with my own personal best... but only for His best! At patuloy akong magtitiwala sapagkat ito ay pagibig na ibinibigay sa akin ng Panginoon.

Thank you for wanting to marry me, deciding to love me and choosing to make me happy every day. You and Giane are God’s best gifts ever. Puyat at pagod, but putting in the effort to bring #BlissGiane out and about, little by little with you is a beautiful and amazing journey. My eye bags have never been bigger, my heart has never been fuller. Happy Anniversary, Mahal ko. Thank you for helping me arrive at this point where I no longer can live without you. I love you.

Love is such a gift, thank you Lord!


Same day edit wedding video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZn9NcvR_Y

Comments

Popular Posts