Beautiful Inevitable Changes

Woot woot! It seems like just yesterday Neo and I were sharing with you the joy on how we survived our first trimester.

Now, another good news! Second trimester is over - which has been a period of major growth for BabyA, with more beautiful changes ever taking place.

So, it's time to talk about what happened from Week 14-26. 

PHYSICAL CHANGES

I started to accept my tummy bulging out more, my waistline is now 39 inches (woah!). Thankfully, I am still able to fit into my old dresses. I don't have a lot of maternity clothes (since most moms recommended not to buy a lot), except some dresses and jeans I bought from H&M, Max and Baby Shop. I was quite happy with H&M maternity jeans - I started wearing since middle of my 1st trimester, and it still fits until now :) Thanking my cousin – Peachy – for my 2 large size dresses from Mango.

I think I am quite blessed that I didn't pack on too much weight throughout the 6 months. So far in my 2nd trimester, I gained about 8kg.

To combat against stretch marks, Abi Taguilid, a friend of mine, recommended Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula and it works quite well. No stretch marks until now…and hopefully none til I give birth.

My hand and fingers are tingling and going numb. I was freaked out until Nanay, friends and Google assured me that it is very common.

Let’s talk about my snoring? Yes, I sleep on my side. But sometimes, I wake myself up with my snoring. LOL

HEALTH and NUTRITION

During this term that we had anomaly test (19 weeks) and glucose screening test (25 weeks – with 12 hours of fasting, 3 urine tests and 3 blood tests) – all with normal and favorable results. Thank God!!!

My appetite is quite better than during the 1st term. But due to the slowing down of digestive activities, I tend to get constipation frequently – real bad one! Also had 2 bouts of tummy upsets.

I continue eating brown rice for breakfast and lunch and eat more veggies, fish and meat. Thanks to Rjay and Christine for my supply of malunggay and talbos ng kamote. I love brown/fiber bread with chicken spread, fried milkfish, fresh tomato and strawberries. I am struggling to drink milk every day, I hate milk waaaaa. Orange juice, fruits, banana are part of my every day meal.

But of course, I still have craving for not-so-healthy food, especially at night. Like ice cream, sweet melon shake, McDo fries (yes, it has to be from McDo), Arabic bread with humous… whew!!!

On my 19 weeks, I had car accident while driving on my way home. I assure you I am safe to drive, but this accident scared me to death – thanking Dubai Police and Ambulance for their quick actions. We are so thankful that no one got hurt, BabyA is safe and protected. Placenta and heartbeat are perfect. Thanks to our CFC household leaders, Kuya Thadz and Ate Cheryl Fortaleza for their thoughtfulness and love and for their gift of seatbelt for preggy moms! This avoids any discomfort caused by the belt being placed over the stomach during ordinary day-to-day driving. For all moms-to-be, for the safety of you and your baby, always wear a properly fastened seat belt throughout pregnancy. BTW, I am driving up to now!



Also for 2 weeks, I suffered from cough and acute bronchitis. My physician prescribed 3 medicines which were approved by my OB. In spite of all, our little family is rejoicing for experiencing God's protection, providence and grace. Thanking God for our prayer warriors and people who are showing their love and concern.

MORE CHANGES

A lot of changes happened on our second term.

New Position: Being transferred to a different department within THE One – meaning new responsibilities, added workloads, new routine, new people, new environment. Despite its discomforts, pregnancy isn't a ticket to slack off at work. It gives me reasons to be inspired.  Thanking my company for trusting me to handle e-commerce and digital marketing. Even met with our HR department to discuss my maternity leave and pay… woot woot!

New Location: During our 22 weeks – we were busy in flat hunting and packing every night. On our 23 weeks, we moved to our new home. We used to live in Al Nahda, now in Al Barsha – from 1.5-hour drive to 15-minute drive. More time to rest and quality time to spend with BabyA. I found myself feeling so good that I forgot I was still carrying a child. But good thing, I am physically active and able to stretch my body even more.

Since BabyA is experiencing tremendous growth and requiring a lot from me, the exhaustion is what really takes off. Just like in the first three months, I need to remember that taking breaks and asking for help is perfectly fine. Thankfully I have my parents who have been generous and considerate – their unconditional love is amazing! Of couse, I thank God for having Neo by my side easing the pain, massaging me every night, putting lotion on my tummy, trimming my nails, folding my pants, giving me reasons to laugh and loving me & BabyA wholeheartedly. Such a selfless person. This man is really a gift from God!

JOY and EXCITEMENT

One of our most surprising and precious moments of pregnancy is feeling BabyA’s move for the first time on May 29 (on our 19 weeks and 4 days). It was subtle at first. But then comes the kicking and stretching as the days go on. It can be a bit uncomfortable sometimes, especially when BabyA pushes my bladder that I need to run to the loo right away. But it’s one of those wonderful things that reminds me just what a miracle this Little ONE is. Especially when I put my hand on my tummy these days, and BabyA would kick against my hand... like a high five! BabyA is like a kicking machine!

Thanking God that BabyA is normal and actively growing. Now that we are in our 3rd term, we can finally start to focus on things like planning the nursery (excited how Neo would design a gender neutral nursery), choosing the name/s, and celebrating with a baby shower. We are definitely looking forward to seeing BabyA in another 2.5 months' time.


Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts