SFC Mission Volunteer

Blessed to Witness (14th SFC MEC)
 
Today, someone asked me a question on being an SFC Mission Volunteer which inspired me to write…

Being a Mission Volunteer (MV) was an invitation I received few years ago that I rejected and denied many times.

God’s first invitation was in 2007, after my 1st Kenya Mission and my 1st year as Chapter Leader of SFC Dubai, but I said no. Since then, there would always be sweet and concrete reminders of His greater call. But I deliberately neglected them.

Until August 2010, during my Uganda mission, when I finally cooperated with His grace. Yes, He had to bring me all the way to Africa just to have my ‘yes’… that’s how He pursued me. Romantic, isn’t it!?

What happened in Uganda was something I couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to share in this blog… but I can say that He used that mission experience for me to realize and open up my heart and eyes. Up until now, I am allowing God to speak to me in the WAY He chooses.

God affirmed (and affirming) me with 3 beautiful things:

1. Being an MV is not what He needs me to do… but being an MV is what I NEED to do. I need this for me to be closer to Him, know Him, learn from Him, love Him. An opportunity to experience love in the most mysterious, indescribable ways.

2 . My YES is a decision. With the grace and blessings I have – my YES is not enough. And saying YES is an everyday decision… a non-stop commitment. A serious commitment to ministry in and through personal involvement and relationships.

3. MV is the Most Valuable gift He has given me…who am I to say NO to this wonderful gift?

 
Our number of years in service, experiences, talents, time, treasure are not the only qualifications required to be a Mission Volunteer.

Personally, being an MV requires 5 important things:
 
1. Discernment – understanding that this is God’s call… If you sense God is calling you into higher service, ask His help in discerning your direction.

2. Heart – to serve God and His people despite and in spite of…

3. Comfort – thinking not of our own comfort, but going out of our comfort zone to provide comfort to His people

4. Guidance – talk to your leaders for guidance. God will use others to confirm His call, but we should also hear from Him directly.

5. Communication - pray in God’s will...when Jesus and His words are in us and guiding us then His will becomes our will
 
For those who are seeking guidance and discerning to be an MV… it is not complicated. It's actually harder NOT to hear God if you really want to please and obey Him. If we stay humble, He promises to guide us. (Prov.16:9)

I am grateful to experience God doing through me what only God can do!

Uganda Mission 2010

 

Comments

  1. Bro. Sonny - SFC Fuj...26 November 2012 at 16:37

    i like! more blessings on your endevour! may peace be with you always... God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts