i am not an artist

The Art of Letting Go
by GBE

I'm not very good at this, actually, I am the worst. If letting go is a subject in school, I am repeater.
It gives me goose bumps knowing I have to let go of a routine that been part of my system and which I love doing.
It’s easy for me to establish and sustain friendship yet, it’s hard for me to set the limit.
I feel like I am worse when this guy I care about then redeems himself at the final straw. And I always seem to get hurt trying to make him see it too, giving second chances over and over again.
I usually have to get hurt beyond repair before I will finally let go with no intention of ever looking back.
I am terrible when all the feelings are piled high and mixed up, no boundaries between the types of thoughts, in fact everything just a mess.

I just can't compartmentalize.

But when I decide to finally let go, it’s basically because I was left with no other choice.

I have been in a do-your-best-and-then-throw-it-into-the-ocean situation, countless times.
To accept the drift of the currents and to continue walking along the beach.
To just let go of whatever happens next…

I allow myself to mourn. Grief takes me deep into myself as it allows me to reflect on my life and those that have shared my journey.
I am now ready to move forward to my next destination.
I am willing to love myself enough to rest when my body is tired… my heart needs healing…my mind needs peace.

It’s so freeing.

Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.” – Anonymous





Comments

Popular Posts