GRACE Moments - Too much on your plate?

We all feel that way sometimes. There seems to be an avalanche of too many urgent things that need simultaneous attention. What to do?
Let me share what I do. I clean up my computer's innards. I check every folder. When i find duplicate photos or files, I trash them. I check further and discover old heavy AVPs that i no longer need, I trash those too. Trash. Trash. Trash.
Gigs of garbage gone forver. It feels good. It feels like I have taken a long, thorough bath - clean all over. But it usually takes a couple of hours or more of my time - time I could have used in my priority A list.
This got me pondering on how much garbage I carry around, weighing me down: a long-time grudge, unvoiced anger toward someone, an unanswered questions and pain over past relationships. These don't go away because they're allowed to rankle in the gut.
I guess thats why trashing useless files seems so right. Amidst important chores, I need to take time to do it.
On my bed are my Bible and two inspirational books (Quiet Moments with God and Grace Found Me), daily reminders of how a grace-dependent life must be led. Psalm 55:22, written thousand years ago before the computer was even an idea, says exactly what one must do when the weighed-down heart needs to be cleaned of dross. "Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved."


Lord my plate is full. Cleanse me from the dross of my busy life. Sustain me and never let me be moved. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts