d i s a p p o i n t m e n t

I certainly know that I struggle with disappointment at times. We all do. It is a balance.

Imagine this:

I lift my hand up over my head - these are my expectations.
Then I lowered my hand below my waist - this is reality.
So, everything in between is disappointment!

Most of the time, I have unrealistic expectations towards other people that used to cause conflict in our relationships. There’s nothing wrong with having faith, hoping for the best, or being optimistic, but I have to be careful not to live in constant disappointment with the reality in which God has placed me while I pray for great things to unfold. And great things ARE unfolding for every believer, whether we see it now or later.

I’m continually reminded of what I said in my previous talks - that God (and all that He is) is the only sure thing. He will not disappoint US.

May you be encouraged today by these thoughts!



Comments

Popular Posts