paano ba gustuhing maging masaya?

Girl: Kumusta ka na?

Boy: I'm fine. Steady lang.

Girl: (quiet, thinking what to say… but she felt that the brother is saying "ask me more") Are you happy?

Boy: Happy is such a big deal. OK lang ako.

Girl: So, hindi ka masaya?

Boy: Hindi pa siguro. The best is yet to come. Ang dami ko pang gustong gawin, ang dami pang katanungan sa isip ko.

Girl: Ang hirap mo namang pasayahin. My question is not about your to-do-list. It's about your life.

Boy: Well, there was something I asked God but He hasn’t given yet. That's why I'm not happy.

Girl: Ayan ka na naman, defining your happiness by one thing. You are limiting God.

Boy: Hindi ko alam paano maging masaya sis…

Girl: (realized that there’s no point of arguing…she chose to be quiet for a moment)

Boy: Pero paano ba gustuhing maging masaya? Gusto ko malaman, akala ko I know everything na, but I didn't know that.

Girl: It's your choice. I'll tell you why you'd want to be happy - It always feels good! Happiness is a decision. You have to want to be happy... to choose it.


She wonders when they could have another chance to talk again about life – in general.


Hope we all could choose to be happy now.


Where do we begin?

Comments

Popular Posts